ERA PERMED 1st JOINT TRANSNATIONAL CALL FOR PROPOSALS (2018)
Deadline for Full Proposals is: July 26th 2018(17:00 CET)
Joint Transnational Call for Proposals (2018) for “research projects on personalised medicine – smart combination of pre-clinical and clinical research with data and ict solutions”ERA PerMed is a new ERA-Net Cofund, supported by 31 partners of 22 countries and cofunded by the European Commission. To align national research strategies, promote excellence, reinforce the competitiveness of European players in PM, and enhance the European collaboration with non-EU countries, 31 funding organisations have agreed to launch the first Joint Transnational Call for collaborative innovative research projects in Personalised Medicine (PM). The funding organisations participating in this call particularly wish to promote innovative interdisciplinary collaboration and to encourage translational research proposals.
- Opening of online submission tool: 14th February 2018
- Submission deadline for pre-proposals: 10th April 2018 (17:00 CET)
- Submission deadline for full-proposals: 26th July 2018 (17:00 CET)
Electronic submission websiteResearch project consortia who intend to submit a transnational proposal should register as soon as possible under https://secure.pt-dlr.de/ptoutline/app/erapermed2018, by clicking on “sign up” and follow further instructions. Electronic proposal submission is mandatory on: https://secure.pt-dlr.de/ptoutline/app/erapermed2018.
Contact person for the Joint Call Secretariat:The ERA PerMed Joint Call Secretariat is hosted by the National Institute of Health Carlos III: Dori Campo/Mauricio García/Eduard Güell, Calle Monforte de Lemos 5, 28029 Madrid, SPAIN Phone: +34 91822 28 85 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Text (updated 06-06-2018)
- Guidelines for Applicants (updated 06-06-2018)
- Full proposal Submission Form (NOW AVAILABLE)
- Data Management Plan (DMP) – will be requested ONLY from funded proposals
- Exploratory Clinical Studies – to be included in the full proposal if appropriate
- Lombardy, FRRB: Pre-eligibility check and Budget Compilation Form, only in case of inclusion of an additional partner from Lombardy, FRRB, as underrepresented country
- Pre-Proposal Submission Form
- ITALY: Pre-eligibility check for IT-MoH Researchers
- ITALY: Pre-eligibility check and Budget Compilation Form for FRRB Proposals
- Additional application form for SLOVENIAN Researchers
AIMS OF THE CALLThe overall aim of the call is to fund projects showing clinical feasibility of PM in complex diseases (including multifactorial, monogenic and other diseases). By feasibility is meant the demonstration of significant and clinically relevant improvement of current diagnostics and/or therapeutics, based on improved understanding of underlying molecular mechanisms. Furthermore, applicants are expected to combine pre-clinical and/or clinical research with bio-informatics components to enable data quality on one side and the potential applicability for health care providers on the other side. The overall objectives of the ERA PerMed call are (i) to support translational research projects in the field of Personalised Medicine; (ii) to encourage and enable interdisciplinarity, in combining pre-clinical and/or clinical research with computational components and; (iii) to encourage collaboration between academia (research teams from universities, higher education institutions, public research performing institutions), clinical/public health research (research teams from hospital/ public health institutions, healthcare settings and other healthcare organisations) and private partners e.g. SMEs (Small and Medium-size Enterprises).
Scope OF THE CALLProposals must be interdisciplinary and clearly demonstrate the potential impact in PM as well as the added value of transnational collaboration. Each project proposal MUST tackle both major research areas: The Research Area 1: “Validation, pre-clinical and clinical biomedical research – Translating Basic to Clinical Research and Beyond” and the Research Area 2: “Data analysis, management and protection – Integrating Big Data and ICT Solutions” by addressing at least one module out of each research area:
- Module 1A: Pre-clinical Research and/or Module 1B: Clinical Research from Research Area 1.
- Module 2A: Data and ICT – Enabling Technology and/or Module 2B: Data and ICT – Towards application in health care from Research Area 2.
GENERAL (eligibility) CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATIONJoint research proposals may be submitted by applicants belonging to one of the following categories, if eligible according to relevant national/regional funding organisations regulations for research funding:
- Academia (research teams working in universities, other higher education institutions) or research institutes;
- Clinical/public health sector (research teams working in hospitals/public health and/or other health care settings and health organisations). Participation of medical doctors in the research teams is encouraged;
- (Industry) Private partners, e.g. SMEs (small and medium-size enterprises).
ICPerMed Partnering toolIf you are looking for potential partners, please have a look also at the ICPerMed Partnering Tool: https://partnering.pt-dlr.de/ICPerMed
Contact details of participating membersAustria, Belgium, Canada (Quebec), Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany (Saxon), Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy (Lombardy), Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain (Catalonia, Navarre), Sweden and Turkey.
|Country||Funding Organisation||Contact point|
|AUSTRIA||FWF||Stephanie Resch Iris Fortmann||Stephanie.Resch@fwf.ac.at Iris.Fortmann@fwf.ac.at|
|BELGIUM*||F.R.S.-FNRS||Joël Groeneveld Florence Quistemail@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CANADA (QUEBEC)||FRQS||Anne-Cécile Desfaits||Annececile.email@example.com|
|CROATIA||MSE||Staša Skenžić Alan Hrvoje Pavletić Alen Hutinovic||Stasa.Skenzic@mzo.hr AlanHrvoje.Pavletic@mzo.hr Alen.Hutinovic@mzo.hr|
|FINLAND||AKA||Jukka Reivinenfirstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com|
|GERMANY||BMBF/DLR||Katja Kuhlmann Wolfgang Ballensiefenfirstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com|
|GERMANY (SACHSEN)||SMWK||Eva Damm Gabriele Süptitzfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|HUNGARY||NKFIH||Dr. Klára Horváthemail@example.com|
|IRELAND||HRB||Dr Caitriona Creelyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|ITALY||IT-MoH||Dr. Gaetano Guglielmi Dr. Maria Josè Ruiz Alvarezemail@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ITALY (LOMBARDY)||FRRB||Gianni D’Errico Carmen De Francescoemail@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org|
|LATVIA||VIAA||Maija Bundule Uldis Berkis||Maija.Bundule@viaa.gov.lv Uldis.Berkis@viaa.gov.lv|
|ROMANIA||UEFISCDI||Mihaela Manole Nicoleta Dumitrache||Mihaela.email@example.com Nicoleta.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|SLOVENIA||MIZS||Dr. Eva Batistaemail@example.com|
|SPAIN||ISCIII||Victor Estrada Dori Campofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SPAIN||CDTI||Juan Luis Romera Javier Canizaresemail@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org|
|SPAIN (CATALONIA)||DS-CAT||Montserrat Llavayolemail@example.com|
|SPAIN (NAVARRE)||GN||Sara Torresfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|THE NETHERLANDS||ZonMw||Erica Hackenitz||Hackenitz@zonmw.nl|